Buying a house is one of the most significant investments in life. When you plan to buy a house, you must take into account the' Encumbrance Certificate' (EC). Let us know in detail the importance of the Encumbrance Certificate in property transactions.
What is the Encumbrance Certificate?
It is one of the required documents used for real estate transactions. This is proof that there is a free title or ownership of the property mentioned. It is important to check when purchasing a house whether the building is free of legal or financial liability. This certificate ensures that an individual is fully owned.
Importance of Encumbrance Certificate Telangana
- The below information helps you to know how to check EC online Telangana.
- You need EC Telangana when you want to buy a house by applying for a loan or sell a house.
- An Encumbrance Certificate Telangana contains all the transactions registered for a property during a particular period.
- This Telangana EC Search informs you if there are any claims or encumbrances on the property.
- Financial Institutions like banks require 10-15 years of EC Telangana on the house for sanctioning a loan.
What is the Procedure to obtain the Encumbrance Certificate (EC)?
- The application should be submitted to the Sub-Registrar’s office, under which the property is registered at Telangana Registration EC.
- At present, EC is issued in the states such as Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha, and Pondicherry.
- In the other states, you must apply to obtain EC using Form 22 manually. Along with the application, you must provide the attested copy of your residential address and the purpose for which the Encumbrance Certificate is required at the Telangana Registration EC Sub-Registrar’s office.
- The additional details to be filled in the application include Survey Number, house/ property address, the period for which Telangana Encumbrance is required, and a full description of the house/ property, Telangana Stamps and Registration.
- You must pay a fee with the application form. The amount of fee varies according to the period of encumbrance. The EC is given in the regional language. You must pay an additional fee if you want the Telangana Encumbrance to be translated.
The officer-in-charge will check the application and process it by checking the entries available in his office. He will issue a TS EC (Form 15 or Form 16) within 15-30 days of the date of receiving the application.
What is Form 15 and Form 16?
- Form 16 shows nil encumbrances and is issued if the property does not have any property dues during the given period.
- Form No. 15 will be issued, if the property has encumbrance such as gift, partition, lease and mortgage, the parties involved, the registered number of the document, Telangana Stamps and Registration, and other details in a date-wise manner.
- If you ask an Encumbrance Certificate Telangana for a particular period, you will get the details only for that period and not more.
- The details will be given from the entries available in the register available with the sub-registrar.
To know the complete proof of ownership of the house, the buyer must obtain the possession certificate in addition to the EC Telangana.
The Encumbrance Certificate Telangana is an important document used for buying property or land in India and Telangana Stamps and Registration. It is an evidence of ownership title. To transfer the property, EC is required compulsory.
To apply a loan for the purchase of property in any bank or financial institution, you have to furnish the Encumbrance Certificate Telangana to confirm the property is free from any other debts. It is an important Certificate to get changes to the property done.
This certificate must be provided to the related Village or Panchayathi Officer in your area to update the land tax records. EC Telangana is an important document that helps to withdraw the Provident Fund (PF) for a property purchase or house construction.
Key Points of Encumbrance Certificate
An Encumbrance Certificate Telangana records the below property-related details.
- It holds the name of the property owner.
- The EC Telangana usually pertains to a specific period, and transactions related to a property relevant to that period alone will be considered.
- The transactions and documents that have been registered with the office alone will be reflected in the EC Telangana.
- Transactions recorded at the sub-registrar’s office exclude documents like short-term lease and document of testamentary because under the law they are not necessary to register.
- The transactions recorded with the sub-registrar’s office include sale deed, partition deed, release deed, gift deed, settlement deed, mortgage deed, mortgage discharge receipt, and court attachment orders.
- The transaction details will be listed in serial order for the specific period.
- The TS EC contains the date and details of the transactions, volume number, book number, document numbers, and names of the parties in the transaction.
- This document provides a complete description of the property as provided in the Sale Deed.
- If you buy land on loan, then this certificate will contain the mortgage details.
- What Documents are required for Obtaining Encumbrance Certificate?
- Attested copy of your address
- Photo of any previously executed deed of the property (sale deed, partition gift deed, etc.)
- Details about the property
- Registered deed number with date, volume/CD number, and signature of the applicant should be affixed.
What are the Charges to be paid to get an Encumbrance Certificate?
- The charges to be paid to get the TS EC (Telangana Encumbrance Certificate) are given below.
- The service charges to be provided by the applicant are Rs 25, and the applicant must also pay legal fees. These payments vary as per the age of the applicant.
- The age of the applicant is below 30 years, then he/she has to remit charges are Rs 200.
- The age of the applicant is 30 or above 30 years, then he/she has to pay Rs 500.
Step by Step Procedure for Online Encumbrance Certificate
Below the given steps helps you to apply for Encumbrance Certificate Telangana.
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Meeseva portal.
Step 2: You will land on the homepage of the portal then click on the Government Forms.
Step 3: Click on Meeseva services from the displayed list of services.
Step 4: You can view the list of departments from that you can register for Encumbrance Certificate Telangana.
Step 5: After that, you can download the EC from the portal.
Step 6: Fill the application form with the necessary details which include the name of the owner of the property, Sale / Purchase deed of the property, etc. The application form should be filled with the right details and attach the correct documents.
Step 7: Submit your correctly filled application form at the nearest Meeseva center of your area and pay the specified fee.
Step 8: After the submission, the applicant will be provided with an acknowledgment slip for further reference.
Step 9: Later, the concerned officer will check your submitted documents and verifies, the application will be forwarded to the Sub Registrar Office.
Step 10: After verification, the concerned officer will forward the status to the Meeseva center and your mobile through SMS.
Where do I get the Encumbrance Certificate?
The Telangana Encumbrance Certificate is a legal document that records the situation in which specific property is located, according to the inscriptions and documents existing in the archives of the Public Registry of Property. This document contains the description of a property to certify that it has no lien, bond, mortgage or seizure.
It can be requested when it is necessary to prove the situation in which your property is located in the Public Registry of Property where your deed has been registered. Any legal person can request your EC Telangana. It will be valid for a specific time and takes approximately six business days.
To obtain your certificate, you must go to the corresponding registry office, fill out the application with the registration details of the property and cover the respective rights of each property depending on the office. You have to check the Telangana Stamps and Registration.
Purpose of Encumbrance Certificate
The purpose of the EC is to corroborate the situation of the building, by means of a public document that includes the specific description of the property, in which it is mentioned whether it has or not has a lien. That is, it tells us if the apartment or house has or not has guaranteeing debt and if there are rights that prevent taking full advantage of the property. This certificate can be presented to any person to authenticate that the property is not subject to any of the limitations described above. So it is a usual procedure, and in some cases necessary, to do things that have to do with the property to buy/sell it, request a mortgage loan, donate the building, etc.
What is the Procedure to Get EC offline?
- You need to apply Form No. 22 to receive the EC application
- On the application, you have to affix a Rs 2 non-judicial stamp.
- The complete residential address and the reason for which the certificate is required must be given.
- The survey number and the location where the property is located must be given. The timeframe, complete description of the land, measurements and property boundaries are also important to mention. (Your lender can need an EC statement for 10 to 15 years if you are applying for a home loan.)
- Include copies of your proof of ID and proof of residential address.
- Provide the forms to the officer concerned at the Sub-Registrar Office ( SRO )
- You need to pay the fees required. The EC fee is dependent on the number of years you would like to obtain the EC. Kindly remember that it is often known that a fraction of a year is a full year. (EC shall be issued from the start of the financial year, i.e. from 1 April)
- The fee can vary depending on the state. It's basically very nominal. The 'search charge' may be in the range of Rs 15 to Rs 50 for the first year and there may be payments in the range of Rs 5 to Rs 10 for each additional year (approx).
- With exception of a few states, in India, encumbrance certificates are often physically issued. Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana are states which issue encumbrance certificates online.
- The time it takes to receive the EC statement is around 10 to 30 days.
Benefits of Encumbrance Certificate
- Every home buyer must have an Encumbrance certificate as the banks are likely to deny home loan against property in Hyderabad or other states that won’t have an EC Telangana.
- You can prove title hold on your property in the future, and no one can showcase your right on the property.
- Disbursal of a home loan becomes easier after showing an Encumbrance Certificate as it proves that the property you are buying is debt-free.
Difference between Encumbrance Certificate and Occupancy Certificate
An occupancy certificate is one that makes you eligible for various civic amenities include sewer, water pipeline, electricity and more. But, it will not declare the particular property is debt-free. So, you must get an Encumbrance Certificate from the seller to get an official acknowledgement that the particular property you are buying is debt-free.
Why Encumbrance Certificate Is Different From Completion Certificate?
An Encumbrance Certificate is completely different from the Completion Certificate. A Completion Certificate is a proof which shows the construction of the particular property is completed according to the rules of laws. Thus, you must acquire a TS EC before purchasing a property to avoid future disputes from the property that you have owned. Follow above-given points while stepping out to secure a home buying deal anywhere in the country.
Are you searching to buy the best home in Hyderabad within your budget? Make your property search a hassle-free experience at Property Adviser with exploring detailed information of all residential properties in Hyderabad at one place.
By: Shailaja K