Importance of Encumbrance Certificate
- You need EC when you want to buy a house by applying for a loan or sell a house.
- An Encumbrance Certificate contains all the transactions registered for a property during a particular period.
- These details inform you if there are any claims or encumbrance on the property.
- Financial Institutions like banks require 10-15 years of EC on the house for sanctioning a loan.
Procedure to obtain Encumbrance Certificate (EC)
- The application should be submitted to the Sub-Registrar’s office, under which the property is registered.
- At present, computerised EC is issued in the states such as Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha and Pondicherry.
- In the other states, you must apply to obtain EC using Form 22 manually. Along with the application, you must provide the attested copy of your residential address and the purpose for which the Encumbrance Certificate is required at the Sub-Registrar’s office.
- The additional details to be filled in the application include Survey Number, house/ property address, the period for which EC is required, and a full description of the house/ property.
- You must pay a fee with the application form. The amount of fee varies according to the period of encumbrance. The EC is given in the regional language. You must pay an additional fee if you want the EC to be translated.
The officer-in-charge will check the application and process it by checking the entries available in his office. He will issue an EC (Form 15 or Form 16) within 15-30 days of the date of receiving the application.
What is Form 15 and Form 16?
- Form 16 shows Nil encumbrance and is issued if the property does not have any property dues during the given period.
- Form No. 15 will be issued, if the property has encumbrance such as gift, partition, lease and mortgage, the parties involved, the registered number of the document and other details in a date-wise manner.
- If you ask an Encumbrance Certificate for a particular period, you will get the details only for that period and not more.
- The details will be given from the entries available in the register available with the sub-registrar.
To know the complete proof of ownership of the house, the buyer must obtain the possession certificate in addition to the EC.
By: Shailaja K
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Spacious but Affordable Residential Properties for Sale in Sainikpuri
- New Properties in Alwal with Stylish and Quality Facilities
- Choose The Right Colors According To Vastu For Happy Home
- The Most Important Vastu Factors To Be Considered While Buying A Home
- Innovative Storage Solutions For Your Home
- 20 Vastu Tips to Invite Health and Wealth in 2019
- 2BHK /3BHK Luxurious Flats for Sale in Nagole, Hyderabad
- Spacious 2BHK Apartments For Sale In Kukatpally Below 50 Lakhs
- Difference between Interior Design and Interior Decoration