Read this article to know about PTIN and how it is used to make property tax payment in Hyderabad.
What is PTIN?
Property Tax Identification Number (PTIN) is a unique 10-digit number issued by GHMC to every Independent house, villa & apartments in hyderabad. In other words, if you own three properties, you will be allotted three PTINs.
Why do you Need a PTIN Number?
You can use the PTIN to find out how much property tax you must pay. You can search the property tax payable by using the PTIN search option available on the GHMC website.
You also need PTIN to pay property tax online.
How can you find the property tax payable to GHMC?
- Click this link.
- Enter the PTIN.
- Click on Know Your Property Tax Dues. The search results display the tax payable.
What do you do if you don’t know your PTIN? There are two ways to find your PTIN.
If your Door Number is available, go to this link.
- Click Search Your Property Tax on the left menu.
- Choose your GHMC Circle.
- Enter your door number.
- Click Search Property Tax. The search result displays the PTIN of the property.
If your Door Number is not available, you must apply to GHMC asking for an assessment of the property. This application will result in allotting a new door number as well as a PTIN number to your property. You can request for property assessment offline or online.
Offline Request for Property Assessment
Submit your application to the Deputy Commissioner. The list of documents you must submit along with your application are as follows:
- Registered sale deed/gift deed/partition deed attested by a gazetted officer.
- Link documents attested by a gazetted officer.
- Copy of the building sanction plan.
- Occupancy certificate.
Online Request for Property Assessment
Keep the following documents ready in the PDF format.
- Building permission
- Occupancy certificate
- Sale Deed
- Access the Self Assessment Form here.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the text box on the above page.
- The Self Assessment Form is launched. Fill in all the details. Please note that all fields marked with a red * are mandatory fields. If you don’t fill the details, the form can’t be submitted.
- Browse and select the building permission, occupancy certificate, and sale deed documents in PDF formats.
- Check the declarations as applicable.
- Click Save.
To watch a demonstration of how to fill the Self Assessment Form, refer to this video.
If you want to modify your independent houses or villas in hyderabad like extending a portion of your house or build another floor, the door number and PTIN will be same. Only the amount of property tax increases. To reassess the property, contact the Deputy Commissioner at the GHMC Office.
How to pay property tax using PTIN?
To pay property tax online:
- Click the link here.
- Enter your PTIN in the PTI No.
- Click Know Your Property Tax Dues. The search result is displayed with the details of the property like door number, PTIN, and the amount of property tax that you must pay.
- Choose any of the payment options: Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Click Submit.
Enter the details such as the 16-digit card number, the expiry date printed on the card, the CVV number, and the tax amount.
- Click Pay. You will get a payment confirmation once your payment is successful.
For more details, log into www.propertyadviser.in.
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Spacious but Affordable Residential Properties for Sale in Sainikpuri
- New Properties in Alwal with Stylish and Quality Facilities
- Choose The Right Colors According To Vastu For Happy Home
- The Most Important Vastu Factors To Be Considered While Buying A Home
- Innovative Storage Solutions For Your Home
- 20 Vastu Tips to Invite Health and Wealth in 2019
- 2BHK /3BHK Luxurious Flats for Sale in Nagole, Hyderabad
- Spacious 2BHK Apartments For Sale In Kukatpally Below 50 Lakhs
- Difference between Interior Design and Interior Decoration