How to Know PTIN (Property Tax Identification Number) in Hyderabad
Read this article to know about PTIN and how it is used to make property tax payment in Hyderabad.
What is PTIN?
Property Tax Identification Number (PTIN) is a unique 10-digit number issued by GHMC to every property that you own. In other words, if you own three properties, you will be allotted three PTINs.
Why should you know your PTIN?
You can use the PTIN to find out how much property tax you must pay. You can search the property tax payable by using the PTIN search option available on the GHMC website.
You also need PTIN to pay property tax online.
How can you find the property tax payable to GHMC?
- Click this link.
- Enter the PTIN.
- Click on Know Your Property Tax Dues. The search results display the tax payable.
What do you do if you don’t know your PTIN?
There are two ways to find your PTIN:
If your Door Number is available, go to this link.
- Click Search Your Property Tax on the left menu.
- Choose your GHMC Circle.
- Enter your door number.
- Click Search Property Tax. The search result displays the PTIN of the property.
If your Door Number is not available, you must apply to GHMC asking for an assessment of the property. This application will result in allotting a new door number as well as a PTIN number to your property.
You can request for property assessment offline or online.
Offline Request for Property Assessment
Submit your application to the Deputy Commissioner. The list of documents you must submit along with your application are as follows:
- Registered sale deed/gift deed/partition deed attested by a gazetted officer.
- Link documents attested by a gazetted officer.
- Copy of the building sanction plan.
- Occupancy certificate.
Online Request for Property Assessment
Keep the following documents ready in the PDF format.
- Building permission
- Occupancy certificate
- Sale Deed
- Access the Self Assessment Form here.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the text box on the above page.
- The Self Assessment Form is launched. Fill in all the details. Please note that all fields marked with a red * are mandatory fields. If you don’t fill the details, the form can’t be submitted.
- Browse and select the building permission, occupancy certificate, and sale deed documents in PDF formats.
- Check the declarations as applicable.
- Click Save.
To watch a demonstration of how to fill the Self Assessment Form, refer to this video.
If you modify the building/ house such as extend a portion of your house or build another floor, the door number and PTIN will be same. Only the amount of property tax increases. To reassess the property, contact the Deputy Commissioner at the GHMC Office.
How to pay property tax using PTIN?
To pay property tax online:
- Click the link here.
- Enter your PTIN in the PTI No.
- Click Know Your Property Tax Dues. The search result is displayed with the details of the property like door number, PTIN, and the amount of property tax that you must pay.
- Choose any of the payment options: Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Click Submit.
Enter the details such as the 16-digit card number, the expiry date printed on the card, the CVV number, and the tax amount.
- Click Pay. You will get a payment confirmation once your payment is successful.
For more details, log into www.propertyadviser.in.
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- Buy Your Dream Home in Hyderabad in this Auspicious Festive Season
- Spacious 3/4BHK Villas for Sale in Hyderabad below 75 Lakhs
- Five Reasons to Use Property Adviser to Reach Your Dream Home
- All You Wanted to Know About TREDA Property Show
- Points to Focus on while Taking Over Maintenance from Builder
- 3BHK Apartments for Sale in Miyapur from 25 lakhs to 75 lakhs
- Residential Properties for Sale in Ameerpet for a Perfect Lifestyle
- Property Directory Provides an Unbiased Real Estate Information
- Advantages & Importance of Undivided Share of Land in Your Apartment