Work from Home Option Likely to be Extended

Work from Home Option Likely to be Extended

Having spent most of the year 2020, working from home, employees working in the tech and financial sectors of Hyderabad were hoping to return to office. However, as per media reports, this is unlikely to happen anytime soon, with the second wave of Covid-19 sweeping across the country.  

In Hyderabad city and GHMC area, the daily number of Covid-19 cases has doubled in just a week, as per media reports. With the threat of rapid rise in infection looming large, most companies are mulling an extension of work from home for the rest of the year, said industry insiders. 

Bharani Kumar Aroll, president, Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association, said, “By mid-2021, we were thinking to bring back at least 90-91% of our workforce to office. However, now with the increase in cases, the idea has been put on hold. Only 30 to 35% of the workforce will be working from office, while the remaining 60-65% will continue working from home till the beginning of 2022.” 

Kumar added that most companies are likely to follow a hybrid model in which only the essential staffers would be asked to come to office, while most of the workers will follow a roster-based model, which would require them to alternate between coming to office and working from home. 

For the latest news and updates on Hyderabad, log in to Property Adviser

By: Ratnabir