Stamp Duty and Registration Charges in Hyderabad
When property is transferred from one person to another, you must register the property in the name of the new owner at the Sub Registrar Office.
To register the property, you must pay stamp duty and registration charges.
What is stamp duty and registration?
Pay stamp duty and registration charges to transfer the property, and you will become the legal owner only when is registered at the Sub-Registrar Office.
What is the meaning of property registration?
Property registration means registering the documents of a transfer, sale, resale, gifting, lease, or any other form of disposal of property.
Registration is compulsory for all transfer of properties under the Section 17 of the Indian Registration Act, 1908.
Stamp Duty and Registration Charges in Hyderabad
How do you calculate stamp duty and registration fees in Hyderabad?
Stamp duty and the registration fee is collected by the State Government whenever there is a property transfer.
In Hyderabad, the stamp duty includes stamp duty, registration charge/fee plus transfer duty and is a calculated on the market value or consideration of the property, whichever is higher.
Ready Reckoner rates of stamp duty, registration fee, and transfer duty on the sale of immovable property are available here.
When do you pay Stamp Duty and Registration Charges?
Are you thinking, “If I am re-selling my house or gifting my house to my son, do I need to pay stamp duty and registration charges?”
You must pay stamp duty and registration charges at the time of execution of a transfer agreement such as sale deed between two parties.
Registration charges for resale flat in Hyderabad are as follows:
Stamp duty of apartment/ flat is 4%, transfer duty is 1.5%, and the registration fee is 0.5% of the higher of the two, market value or consideration of the property
How much stamp duty do I need to pay in case of “gift settlement deed” in Hyderabad?
- If you gift the property to relatives (approved by the Income Tax Act/ Government and Local Bodies), then stamp duty is 1%, the transfer duty is 0.5%, and registration fee is 0.5% (min is Rs 1000 and max is Rs 10000) of the higher of market value or consideration of the property.
- In case of any other gift, stamp duty is 4%, transfer duty is 1.5%, and the registration fee is 0.5% (min is Rs 1000 and max is Rs 10000) of the higher of market value or consideration of the property.
Pay stamp duty and registration charges in case of the following transfer agreements:
Sale deed, gift deed, exchange deed, partition deed, lease deed where the period of lease is more than 12 months, transfer deed/ right transfer document, mortgage deed, and power of attorney (general or special).
Therefore, you must pay stamp duty and register the property even in case of resale or gifting of property.
Procedure to pay stamp duty and registration fee in Hyderabad
The procedure to pay stamp duty and registration fee in Hyderabad is detailed below:
- The first step is to fill the pre-registration application form available on “Registration and stamp department” website.
- This application form requires you to fill in “Public Data Entry” and provide details of the property that will be registered before it is presented for registration at the Sub-Registrar Office.
The reason for pre-filling the details of the property will reduce the time taken at the Sub-Registrar Office. You can submit these details online in the required format. Therefore, the applications can be processed without any delay. Also, the whole process is available here.
The Sub-Registrar Office adds the details into the system and encumbrances are created accurately.
The application contains the following details:
- Type of Document (Sale deed / Sale agreement with possession/ Sale agreement without possession, and so on).
- Full details of buyer and seller.
- Property details.
- Market value/ consideration.
- Final chargeable value.
- Stamp duty payable.
- After paying the stamp duty and fees, you can book a time slot for registering the document at the Sub-Registrar Office.
- Next, you have to go to the Sub-Registrar Office according to the time slot and show the documents.
A step-by-step procedure (with screenshots) to fill the pre-registration application form, book time slot, and pay stamp duty is available here.
Submit the following documents to the Sub-Registrar for registration of the property:
- The original document bearing the signature of all parties.
- Challan/ Demand Draft that shows full payment of stamp duty, transfer duty (if any), registration fee, and user charges.
- Section 32A photo form of the buyer, seller and witnesses.
- Two witnesses, who can identify the parties and identity cards with photos of such persons.
- Address proof of the buyer and seller.
Any of the following can be submitted as address proofs at the sub-registrar office
- Aadhaar card
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- Driver’s licence issued by the Transport Department
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
- Ration card issued by Civil Supplies Department
- Voter ID issued by Election Commission of India
- A photograph that captures the frontal view of the property (8/6 inches)
- General Power of Attorney / Special Power of Attorney, if any in original and its photocopy.
- Link documents copies.
- Webland copy in respect of agricultural properties.
- Pattadar passbooks and title deeds in original and their copies in respect of agricultural property transactions.
After verifying documents, the actual fee payment challan, and completing e-KYC, the Sub-Registrar registers the document. The step-by-step process (with screenshots) is available here.
You can follow the same procedure for registering your flat/apartment as well.
Property Adviser is a property directory to help you choose your dream home.
Log in to www.propertyadviser.in for more details.
By: LOTUS TECH
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- Buy Your Dream Home in Hyderabad in this Auspicious Festive Season
- Spacious 3/4BHK Villas for Sale in Hyderabad below 75 Lakhs
- Five Reasons to Use Property Adviser to Reach Your Dream Home
- All You Wanted to Know About TREDA Property Show
- Points to Focus on while Taking Over Maintenance from Builder
- 3BHK Apartments for Sale in Miyapur from 25 lakhs to 75 lakhs
- Residential Properties for Sale in Ameerpet for a Perfect Lifestyle
- Property Directory Provides an Unbiased Real Estate Information
- Advantages & Importance of Undivided Share of Land in Your Apartment