Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) is a newly implemented law to ensure the sale of plot or apartment efficiently and to protect the interest of consumers in the real estate sector. Provide legal cover and ensure that there are a defined process and efficient handling of disputes.
Why Did RERA Come To Place?
The RERA act aims to create transparency in the real estate sector related to transactions and to safeguard the consumer’s interests. The act is applicable to all the states within to ensure a speedy dispute redressal in real estate.
When Can A Home Buyer File A Complaint?
Any homebuyer who seeks redressal for their grievances can have a right to file a complaint at RERA. The home buyer can approach RERA to seek redressal if they face the below problems from builders.
- Delay in delivery of possession of the property.
- Mismatch in the plan of floor area and carpet area of the property.
- Misrepresentation of property design and construction parameters.
- Malpractices in amenities provided in the property like ceiling leakage, improper drainage system, incomplete fire safety system, low quality of electrical wiring, inappropriate water provisions, etc.
- Not providing an occupancy certificate or any other deficiency in service.
How to File a Complaint under RERA
Any aggrieved homebuyer under the ambit of RERA can bring a lawful suit against the developer or builder. The documentary procedure to file a complaint is represented below.
- The particulars of the buyer.
- The registration number and address of the property.
- A concise statement of facts of the claim.
- The reliefs and interim reliefs, if any other.
Filing a complaint under RERA is governed as per the simple civil procedure code concept of Territorial Jurisdiction (i.e.) to be filed before the adjudicating officer of the area where the project or apartment lies or where the cause of action arose.
Steps to fill RERA Complaint in Telangana State Portal
The method for filing a complaint against the builder under RERA act online is given below.
Step 1 – In order to register a RERA complaint, you need to go to Telangana RERA portal. On the home page, you will find a link to register Complaint.
Step 2 – Click on the complaint registration link, you will be landed to the page where you need to provide details of the complaint.
Step 3 – in this page, you need to insert your name, address, contact details and details of the complaint. You have an option to attach supporting documents.
Step 4 – You need to pay Rs.1000 for the registration of complaint. You can use net banking facility for the payment of Complaint Registration.
Step 5 – Provide acceptance on the declaration and submit the complaint by clicking the submit button.
Time frame to file a complaint in RERA
There is no specific time frame provided in the RERA, for filing a complaint. The time periods under this Act vary based on specific claims. If a buyer wants to seek urgent interim relief, it would be advisable to approach the RERA authority as soon as possible.
Benefits to Buyers for Filing a Complaint under RERA Act
With filing a case under the RERA, a buyer can benefit
- speed disposal of complaints
- The requirement of financial discipline by the promoters
- No ambiguity in area measurements
- Developers are liable for compensation for delayed delivery
- An adjudicating mechanism to be in place
Visit us to know the latest news about the real-estate sector in Hyderabad. Here you can get accurate information of more than 800+ properties for sale in Hyderabad. Use filters option to select the best home that suits your budget and lifestyle. Pave the easy to lead a happy and comfortable life.
By: Shailaja K
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Buyer's Checklist for successfully closing on a House Deal
- These 7 Kitchen Design Trends Are a Must-Have to Try out This Year!
- Top 7 Modest Feng Shui Tips for Your New Home
- How Smart Homes Shape the Future of Indian Realty?
- Easy Ways to Make Your Home Eco Friendly
- How is Paid Money Refunded Back in a Cancelled Property Deal?
- Guidelines to Buy a Home after Retirement
- Tips for Eco-Friendly Ganesh Festival at Home
- New Resolution on Economic Crisis: Reduced EMIs on Home Loans