Greater Hyderabad covers an area of 650 square kilometres and is one of the largest metropolitan cities in India. With a relatively low cost of living, it ranks high on various indices of socio-economic development. With the IT, pharma and banking sectors being the key drivers of growth in the last couple of decades, the real estate market in Hyderabad has been flourishing and thriving.
Even the Covid-19 pandemic failed to slow it down. In fact, Hyderabad is the only Indian city globally to have witnessed residential price appreciation during the pandemic, positioning at 122, according to Knight Frank — a property consultant. If you are looking to invest in real estate in Hyderabad in 2021, read on to get an idea about the best real estate investment options in Hyderabad.
Hyderabad Real Estate Prices 2021
Neither real estate sales in Hyderabad nor prices have been massively impacted because of the pandemic. Demand for the best real estate options in Hyderabad continued through 2020 and into 2021. With lower interest rates and incentives offered by developers, people continued to invest in real estate in Hyderabad throughout the pandemic.
- In 2020, when Covid struck and there was the first wave, property prices had increased marginally by 0.2% compared to 2019.
- In the best places to invest in Hyderabad, real estate prices 2021 went up to 5% compared to 2020 with the average price being 5,713 per square feet.
Best places for investment in plots
When it comes to low-cost plots for sale in Hyderabad, Adibatla, Yadagirigutta, Shamshabad and Shadnagar are the best real estate investment options in Hyderabad.
- Adibatla is most likely the next IT hub and you will get good returns on investments. It has the TATA Aerospace SEZ, and it is just 18 km from the airport, 4km from Wonderla (amusement park). Prices range from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 30 lakhs, for plot sizes ranging from 400 - 4,000 square feet.
- Shamshabad is the area that contains the airport and you know why it is a good place to buy a plot in. Prices range from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 30 lakhs for plot sizes ranging from 1200 -4,000 square feet.
- Yadagirigutta is on the east of Hyderabad, about 60 km, and is an upcoming developing area along the Warangal-Hyderabad Highway. Prices range from Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 18 lakhs, for plot sizes ranging from 1,300 - 4,000 square feet.
- Shadnagar is 25 km from the airport and is well connected by train and buses. Prices range from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 20 lakhs, for plot sizes ranging from 1,000 - 4,000 square feet and there are plenty of residential plots for sale in Shadnagar.
- Shankarpally is 11 km from the financial district, and 30 km from Hi-tech city. It is a good place to invest in residential plots, with prices ranging from Rs. 17 lakhs to Rs. 50 lakhs for plot areas ranging from 900 to 2,400 sq. ft.
When it comes to the best places to invest in Hyderabad for bigger investments, there are areas closer to Hitech city, you can look at for best real estate investment options in hyderabad.
- Manikonda has a lot of IT companies, and it is just a couple of kilometres from Hitech city. Prices range from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 7 crores.
- Kompally is another area that is well connected and well developed with all amenities. Prices range from RS. 12 lakhs to Rs. 12 crores.
- Chandanagar is close to Hitech City and Gachibowli. It is a fully developed residential area and prices range from Rs. 6 lakhs to Rs. 2 crores.
Best places for investment in apartments
What are the top neighbourhoods for buying apartments or villas for sale in Hyderabad for 2021?
- Hafeezpet is just 4 to 5 km from Madhapur Hi-tech city. There are many flats for sale in Hafeezpet, between Rs 3,500 to Rs 7,200 per sq. ft. It is the perfect destination for IT professionals who work in and around Hitech city.
- Nanakramguda is 2 km from the Nehru Outer Ring Road and is a well-developed real estate hub. It is just 8 km from Hitech City, with good schools and colleges in the area. Flats for sale in Nanakramguda are available at Rs. 5,700 to Rs. 9,500 per sq. ft.
- Mokila is an upcoming neighbourhood about 25 km from Hitech city and 10 km from Miyapur metro station. It is well connected to the airport and Hyderabad city via the Outer Ring Road. Spacious flats in sizes ranging from 1,200 to 1,600 sq. ft. of super built-up area are available for affordable prices ranging from Rs. 45 lakhs to Rs. 68 lakhs.
- Tellapur is 16 km from Hitech city and is one of the best upcoming neighbourhoods in Hyderabad 2021. There are spacious options available in the range of 1,200 to 5,000 sq. ft. of carpet area, and now is the time to buy. Prices range from Rs. 60 lakhs to Rs. 3.2 crores.
- Adibatla is a fast developing neighbourhood, just 20 km from the airport. It is a lucrative area not only for buying plots, but also for flats and villas. IT parks are also coming up in this area which is close to LB Nagar and Vanasthalipuram neighbourhoods, and just 3 km from the Outer Ring Road. Prices range from Rs. 1,040 to Rs. 5,700 per sq. ft.
- Pocharam is 35 km from Hitech City with well-developed infrastructure consisting of schools, colleges and all kinds of stores. Government has plans to develop metro rail and transport facilities to make it well connected to Hyderabad city. The average pricing of flats for sale in Pocharam is about Rs. 5,020 per sq. ft.
- Bachupally — famous for Oakridge school — is 14 km from Hitech city and is close to Lingampally, Chandanagar and Hafezpet railway/metro stations. It is well connected by the Outer Ring road. Prices range from Rs. 2,800 to Rs 3,500 per sq ft.