2BHK Housing Scheme is the flagship scheme of the Telangana government to help people who don’t have houses or live in huts or rented houses.
The Telangana housing scheme aims to provide affordable houses to citizens who are below the poverty line.
Who Can Apply 2BHK Housing Scheme?
You will be eligible to apply for this double bedroom scheme in Telangana, Hyderabad if you meet the following conditions:
- Is your family a Below Poverty Line (BPL) family? Do you have a valid Food Security Card (FSC)?
- Add the FSC reference number in the application form. Only people who have a valid below poverty line (BPL) ration card are eligible to apply for the Telangana housing scheme.
- The 2 BHK house will be sanctioned in the name of the head of the family’s wife.
Where do you live? Do you have your own pucca house (concrete house) or do you live in a hut? Or do you live in a rented house?
- You can apply if you live in a hut or a rented house. Your family must not own a concrete house.
- The details of your current residence help the government officials to find out if you live in a concrete house, own house, or a hut.
Did any of your family members get a house under any housing scheme sponsored by the Government or any Municipal body of the government?
- The double bedroom scheme in Telangana, Hyderabad is targeted to help people who did not get a house under the previously announced government schemes such as Integrated Novel Development in Rural Areas and Model Municipal Areas (INDIRAMMA).
- You can only apply if you or your family is not a beneficiary of any other housing scheme. Therefore, the 2BHK scheme benefits the people who are in need of a concrete house to live in and don’t own any other house.
- Five per cent of the houses of the 2BHK scheme is reserved for persons with disabilities or differently-abled people.
- If selected, the government sanctions one 2 BHK house per family. You cannot get more than one house under the 2 BHK housing scheme.
- The beneficiaries of the scheme will get a house with two bedrooms, bathrooms, hall, and kitchen in a plinth area of 560 sq.ft.
Therefore, if you satisfy the conditions stated above, you can apply for the housing scheme.
How to Apply for the 2BHK Housing Scheme?
- To apply, visit any of the MeeSeva centres across Telangana and submit the application form with enclosed copies of address proof, ration card, aadhar card, Aasara Pension Card.
- Complete the application form by filling in your details, family details, income details, aadhar number, address, mobile phone number, details of the house you own, if any and so on.
- You must also submit a photograph (passport size) with your application.
Procedure to Fill the Application form for 2 BHK Houses:
- Get the application form from the MeeSeva centre. First, Fill in the Food Security Card (FSC Reference number).
- Then, add the name of the applicant, and personal details of the family members of the applicant.
- Enter the aadhar number.
- Select the address for communication by marking one of the boxes, as applicable (GHMC area/municipality or Rural).
- If you live in the GHMC area, fill the complete address such as house number, mandal, village, ward, landmark, locality/area, colony, and pin code.
- If you live in a rural area, fill the complete address such as house number, mandal, village, and pin code.
- Next, fill the occupation, religion and community columns.
- The next page contains details about your residence. Do you stay in your own house or rented house? If it is your own house, you must tick the box that specifies if it is a hut, concrete house, RCC, and so on. If it is a rented house, you must add the number of years you lived in the rented house.
- Then, add your family income.
- Fill the other details wherever applicable. For example, if there is a differently abled person in the house, a member of ASARA pension scheme, and if the family was a beneficiary under any other Government funded housing scheme.
- Fill your mobile number and add a passport-sized photograph and submit the application form at the MeeSeva centre.
Who is Responsible for the Implementation of the 2BHK Housing Scheme?
The Managing Director of the Telangana State Housing Corporation is responsible for completing the implementation of the 2 BHK housing scheme. He sanctions the 2BHK houses and gets the funds for the construction of the house.
The district collectors, executive directors and the GHMC commissioner will work with the Managing Director of Telangana State Housing Corporation in this project.
How Many Houses Will be Constructed Under This Scheme?
The state government has sanctioned the construction of 2 lakh 2BHK houses in rural, urban areas (includes both GHMC and other urban areas).
Table showing the cost of 2 BHK houses are given below:
UNIT COST FOR 2BHK
Unit cost per each house (in Rupees)
About Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme Planning
The 2BHK housing scheme of Telangana is introduced entirely for the poor. The Telangana state Government is constructing affordable homes for poor people in IDH Colony and many other areas. The officials of Telangana say that this is a revolutionary step to make the Telangana, Hyderabad as slum-free.
Let you know the important points in detail about the plans of the scheme and target of the Telangana Government of Housing for all by 2022.
Comfortable Facilities in Government 2BHK Houses
The total of 2.60 lakhs 2BHK flat would be built in a total project area of 560 sq.ft of land area. The Telangana state plans to build these houses in 28 slum areas of Hyderabad. The houses are constructed with excellent amenities include water, electricity, smooth roads, drainage systems, etc. for comfortable stay of residents. For storage purpose, the houses also have two spacious s lofts.
List of Locations for 2BHK Housing
The affordable 2BHK houses are built in places include Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and Warangal. To build his affordable housing units, the selection of private builders and filling tenders are in the process by the Telangana Government.
Cost of 2BHK Housing
In the real estate market, the price of a double bedroom house is Rs 30 lakhs. The cost of government houses under the planned scheme will be below the market price. The price of Telangana 2BHK Housing under the Scheme are as follows.
- The price of a house is Rs 5.04 lakh in rural areas.
- The cost of a house is Rs 5.30 lakhs in urban areas.
- The price of a house is Rs 7.00 lakhs under GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation). Also, the infrastructure cost is also included.
However, the average price of a property in Hyderabad is Rs.4100 per square feet.
Who Are The Beneficiaries Of This Housing Scheme?
The Telangana Government Housing scheme beneficiaries are those whose families belong to below poverty line. The houses are allocated to the people who live in a kutcha house or on rent. Also, these government houses are issued in the housewife name. The total planned scheme houses are reserved for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes in each district.
Required Documents for 2BHK Housing Scheme Application
- Address Proof of the applicant
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photo
- Asara pension card, if available
How are these 2BHK Housing Scheme Beneficiaries Selected?
The process of selecting the 2BHK beneficiaries are explained in below points.
- The District Level Committee selects the villages for the allocation of 2BHK Housing scheme.
- The 2BHK housing scheme forms are given to eligible beneficiaries by the District Collectors, and during Gram Sabha, the forms are collected by the assigned officer.
- At Gram Sabha, primary verification will be done to list the correct eligible applications and forms will be sent to the particular Mandal Tashilder for final verification.
- After the thorough verification by Tashilder of housing scheme applicants, the final list will be submitted to District Collector.
- For Final approval, the District Collector schedule the time to Tashilder to verify the final list in Gram Sabha.
- Finally, the District Collector will approve the verified final list of Gran Sabha and allotted to eligible applicants.
- District Collector will appoint the District Level Officer to enquire, in case if any complaints registered. Complaints will be placed before the Appellate Committee, and the Committee passes final orders.
Click to get 2BHK Housing Application Forms through online.
Double Bedroom Scheme in Telangana, Hyderabad Progress
The shortage of funds has stalled work progress at regular intervals. A total of 88,115 units were being built in vacant locations as of January 2019, while 9,188 units were being developed in in-situ slums. Overall, due to different impediments, progress has been slow and the project has missed its December 2018 deadline.
Moreover, going forward, some transformation is anticipated. Compared to 150 days, which has been the fact so far, these 2BHK units can be completed in 40 days. The GHMC is now preparing to use tunnel-form construction technology to complete a 10-storey construction in much less time than normal. To begin with, this technology will first be used in the Keesara mandal village of Rampally, where 6,240 units on 41 acres of land have to be constructed.
GHMC Special Duty Officer K Suresh Kumar says that one floor can be constructed using the latest technology within 30-40 hours, adding that this is the first time such a technology has been recognized by a government scheme. Additional advantages include lighter weight and high thermal insulation, improved fire safety, high sound insulation, lower water absorption, as well as cost-effectiveness.
Mayor Bonthu Rammohan said that a further 75,000 2BHK units under the system, in addition to the units in Rampally, may be ready by the end of September 2020. The mayor has also directed individuals not to contact allotment brokers and middlemen.
Our professional team personally visits every area of Hyderabad and gets up to date property information. The updates include new properties up for sale, sold out properties, construction status, available units, offers, etc. Select the best home from 1000+ properties in Hyderabad that suit your requirements and budget.
By: Shailaja K