To update information on the Dharani portal for the issue of non-agricultural passbooks, the Telangana government has started enrollment of non-agricultural properties in gram panchayats, municipalities and municipal corporations, including GHMC limitations. This work can be conducted in GHMC Citizens' Centres, Meeseva or by logging into meeseva website.
Survey of Properties in Telangana
GHMC urged people to enter their property and Aadhar Card number and to conduct EKYC against their properties. Before the exercise begins, the following details are to be downloaded onto the site includes the Aadhaar card, property tax receipt, water link number, electricity bill, plot area, undivided share for residential apartment and other information. The details can be uploaded through the Meeseva site, and the whole exercise takes only a few minutes.
The municipal administration and the departments of Panchayat Raj have informed their municipal and gram panchayat workers to collect and upload information through a dedicated application (TS NAB) and to visit each household at the limits of their municipal bodies. According to the guidelines and user guidelines, Gender, caste, adhaar, and mobile number are necessary.
The government declared that it would update or register properties that were not on the municipality or panchayat records. Officials in both departments, however, update evenly assessed property records because they have not updated their property information such as mutations (by issuing a temporary PTIN).
- All personal data submitted to the website will be confidential.
- The purpose of this exercise is to ensure rights to property owners and prevent conflicts even during legal heirs partition.
- There will be no space for forgery, as all records are digitized.
- Govt is seeking for caste data to obtain a better understanding of socio-economic state conditions.
- It also helps to ensure that subsidies and benefits offered to the eligible beneficiary by the government.
- Govt wants to provide connections to the structures that lack electricity and water supply. by discovering the information
- Generally, most owners of buildings pursue residential authorization and construct a commercial structure. All these irregularities are identified when data is digitized.
- Once information is available, Govt will be able to prepare future steps, in the grant of benefits, and launch more welfare programmes in the areas.
Steps for Enlisting Properties
- An OTP will be provided after logging on a portal with name and mobile number.
- The user must choose the area where the property is situated (GHMC, Panchayat, municipality, etc.).
- The owner information, including the name, are displayed on the page when the PTIN is entered.
- User will then upload use of the property (residential or commercial), type of land (private or government) and method of the transaction (gift, transaction, partition, inheritance etc.).
- This will be followed by uploading necessary details like Gender, caste, age, mobile etc. Upon submission, the particular property details will be displayed on a screen.
- User have to upload information such as pin code, property type, plot area, the built-up area of the flat.
- Undivided area (number of yards, the flat owner gets from the total plot area of the apartment. Eg: 35 yds or 40 yds) and property tax payment amount.
- Water connection number and electricity bill number (in case of electricity bill number, the user has to enter the SC No). The entry of these parameters is not compulsory.
- After uploading above details, the user will have to furnish identification documents like pattadar passbook, ration card, MNERGA, Aasara pension, Jan Dhan account or choose none of the above options, if ID details do not exist from the above list.
- Finally, Aadhaar card details are asked, and upon entry of it, an OTP is issued to the mobile of the user.
- After entry of OTP, property owner's name and Aadhar number are checked, and a message is displayed on screen saying 'data successfully saved' or data mismatch or others based on the entry of data.
- Among all these data, entry of Gender, caste, age, the extent of property (in yards in case of an apartment), property type, built-up area, property tax payment details are mandatory, if failing to update them, the submission will be invalid.
- Suppose the owners choose to visit citizen service centres or Meesevas. It is recommended to bring true copies of the property documents that reveal the plot, undivided share, property type, property tax receipt, etc.
- Pattadar passbook, ration card, MNERGA, Aasara pension, Jan Dhan account and Aadhar are to be carried an individual and preferably by family members.
- The operator looks for information, and the user has to disclose information at the counter. No documents must be submitted and operators' requested details must be revealed.
- GHMC also utilizes Bill Collectors for the convenience of owners to pass data to the portal of the owner's home. Owners here also have no documentation to send, and only information sought from enumerators needs to be exchanged.
- If the owner resides in another city or abroad, the tenant on the owner's permission can reveal the information.
If the owner has no passbooks, a food security card or a Jan Dhan or Aasara pension or MGNREGA job card, the enumerator is to request pattadar passbook information. Details of the power connection and water link were collected by municipal and panchayat staff. A certificate of authentication is issued upon successful submission of all information. Subsequently, following verification and confirmation of all the user data, the owner will obtain the non-agricultural passbook.
By: Shailaja K