Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is the largest Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the world.
The metro rail is a mass transport system that solves the infrastructure challenges of a city due to rapid urban expansion.
In Hyderabad, the metro rail will connect different areas of the city across three corridors. The total distance of the metro rail in the first phase is about 72 km.
Metro rail is the next big thing that solves the infrastructure woes in Hyderabad and transforms it into a clean, green, and a people-friendly city.
The first phase of the metro rail has three corridors:
The first corridor is from Miyapur to LB Nagar covering 29 km with 27 stations.
The second corridor is from Jubilee Bus Stand (JBS) to Falaknuma covering 15 km with 15 stations.
The third corridor is from Nagole to Shilparamam covering 28 km with 24 stations.
A fully functional metro rail plans to integrate the urban transport using intermodal connectivity and convenient skywalks.
For example, there are plans to create the last mile connectivity such as bicycles, cabs, skywalks, buses, and so on.
By integrating the different modes of transport, the commute becomes seamless, pollution free and quick.
Infrastructure Development Along the Metro Corridor
Metro tracks pass through the arterial roads of the city connecting the busiest areas of the city.
Bus Connectivity: It connects bus stations in Miyapur, MGBS, Koti, Dilsukhnagar, Charminar and Jubilee Bus Station.
Rail connectivity: It connects Secunderabad, Begumpet and Nampally railway station.
MMTS connectivity: It provides a link to MMTS stations at Bharatnagar, Begumpet, Khairatabad, Malakpet and Falaknuma.
Airport connectivity: It is part of the upcoming phase 2 of the Hyderabad metro rail project.
Some of the people-friendly features of Hyderabad Metro are as follows:
- It provides a safe, efficient and comfortable commute to the passengers.
- It reduces air pollution, fuel consumption, and noise pollution.
- The frequency of metro train is high. Therefore, it reduces wait-time.
- It has ultra-modern and air-conditioned coaches.
- It has world-class elevated stations located at every kilometer.
- The stations have lifts, staircase, escalator, and facilities for the disabled.
- There are designated parking areas at metro stations.
- There are automatic ticket vending machines that reduce waiting time at the station to buy the ticket.
- They have an automatic fare collection system that allows hassle-free entry and exit from the stations.
- Every station has toilets, public address and information systems.
The first corridor of the metro rail started operating from November 2017.
Property Adviser Provides Details of Projects Available for Sale
The details of projects available for sale in the areas near the Hyderabad Metro with current price trends are given below:
|AREA NAME||TOTAL AVAILABLE PROJECTS (UNITS)||CURRENT PRICE TRENDS Min-Max ( in RS.)||NEW BUILDING LAUNCHES|
|Nagole||12 (445 UNITS)||37.8 Lakhs - 1.77 Crores||Golden Leaves Villas, Skyra Residency, and Smart Habitat|
|Uppal||6 (213 UNITS)||36 Lakhs - 80.4 Lakhs||Aakruthi Township Lotus Block, Dream Valley, and Radian Constructions|
|Begumpet||13 (147 UNITS)||54.4 Lakhs - 1.54 Crores||Kylasa Satnam, Arun Residency, Adarsh Dakshinayan, and HSC Prime Home I|
|Ameerpet||7 (342 UNITS)||82 Lakhs - 1.90 Crores||Solitaire Heights Block B, Vista Residences, and Red Wood Elite|
|Miyapur||28 (2473 UNITS)||38.4 Lakhs - 1.31 Crores||Dhivya Sree Shakthi, Silpa RV Dharmista Wing A , Coconut Grove Phase - 2, and Mirra Panchajanya - C and D.|
|Kukatpally||46 (3442 UNITS)||10.8 Lakhs - 1.55 Crores||Rainbow Vistas - Diamond, Marina Skies - B, H and M Avenues, and Lake View Residency|
|KPHB||15 (1337 UNITS)||35.8 Lakhs - 2.55 Crores||Incor One City( A,B,C) - Block, Ashvita Blocks C D E, Aditya Capitol Heights, and Lodha Bellezza|
|TARNAKA||6 (218 UNITS)||42.5 Lakhs - 1.08 Crores||AV Hyma Residency, Happy Homes Signature Towers, Urban Tree and Tirumala Towers|
Source: www.propertyadviser.in [as on 7 September 2018]
The state government plans to extend the Metro Rail network to cover 10 busy corridors covering a total distance of 150 km to meet the growing needs of the people of Hyderabad. The construction of phase II of the Hyderabad Metro is planned to be taken up by the state government.
The proposed routes are as follows:
- Raidurg - Gachibowli - Rajiv Gandhi Airport at Shamshabad covering a distance of 30 km (line IV)
- Miyapur - BHEL - Patancheru covering a distance of 15 km (Line I extension)
- LB Nagar - Hayath Nagar covering a distance of 7 km (Line I extension)
- JBS - Alwal covering a distance of 8 km (Line II extension)
- Nagole - LB Nagar - Falaknuma - Shamshabad covering a distance of 28 km (Line III extension)
- Miyapur - Gachibowli - Tolichowki - Lakdi ka pul covering a distance of 20 km (Line V)
- Tarnaka - ECIL ‘X’ Roads covering a distance of 7 km (Line VI)
Source: Wikipedia’s Hyderabad Metro page.
Benefits of Investing in Residential Areas Near the Metro Rail Corridors
The benefits of investing in residential areas near metro are as follows:
- The capital values of residential properties along the metro corridor increases. In Miyapur and Kukatpally, the capital values increased by 4-6% in the year 2017 compared to 2016 (source:www.propertyadviser.in).
- The rental values also went up by about 6-8% in Kondapur and Hitec City areas in Quarter ending Dec 2017 as compared to Quarter ending Sep 2017 (source: Cushman & Wakefield’s Hyderabad Real Estate Snapshot in 2018).
- New building launches (see table given above for more details), offers and discounts. You can choose from a range of options.
- The value of the property will only appreciate as metro rail corridors develop even more.
- You will get a good return on investment.
- If you want to buy a house for your personal use, then the areas along the metro corridor provide excellent connectivity.
- The metro rail project integrates multimodal public transportation with urban spaces. It makes Hyderabad a clean, green and people-friendly city.
- Apart from the reasonable cost of living, developing urban infrastructure, and less crowded than other metros, the strategic connectivity provided by metro rail boosts the image of the city.
- The metro rail connects major offices, retail and residential areas.
Log in to www.propertyadviser.in to know more about the infrastructure development in the city.
By: LOTUS TECH
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Things to know before Submitting Your Home Loan Application
- 10 Steps towards Finding the Perfect Home within your budget
- 5 Best Renovation Ideas for Your Dream Home
- 10 Steps Guide to Buy a House for the First Time
- Affordable Houses for Sale in Hyderabad from 35 to 75 Lakhs
- The Right Way to Assess Land Before Buying and Building on It
- Budget 2019 Income Tax slabs - No Income tax up to 5 Lakhs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Real Estate Investing
- Home Maintenance Tips during the Monsoon Season