Many people are waiting for the upcoming more joyous festival of Ganesh. The day marks the birth of Ganapati and people all over India celebrate this 11-days festival with devotion and happiness. During the festival, Ganesh idol will be brought and place at home for 3 or 5 days. The idol is decorated with flowers, fruits, and other attractive ornaments. They also offer different types of sweets to Lord Ganesha. On the last day of the festival, all friends, relatives and family members gather to immerse the idol into the nearby lake or river with full joy and happiness.
As everyone is busy enjoying the festival they forget to safeguard the environment. People buy the most expensive idols made with Plaster of Paris (PoP) Ganpati idols painted with silver and mercury colors. These idols take several months to dissolve completely and are harmful to our health and environment. Here we discuss some simple eco-friendly decorating tips to add a classy look to your home while protecting our ecosystem:
Eco-Friendly Festival Tips
Use rice powder, gulal, and sandalwood powder, and flower petals to decorate your home during the festive season to humbly welcome your guest. It is an excellent way to decor your home beautifully with environmentally friendly colors which does not consist of any synthetic or harmful materials. To get stylish look place diyas within the rangoli to celebrate this festival in an auspicious way
Plastics are non-biodegradable and heavily pollute water bodies and landfills. Avoid using plastic to serve food, pack sweets, and decorate homes during festivals. During the Ganesh festival decorate your idol with leaves, fruits, and natural decorations for an eco-friendly Ganesh Chaturthi.
Decorate your Lord Ganesh idol with fresh flowers like rose, marigold, and jasmine instead of artificial decoration for an eco-friendly celebration. To get a traditional feel and pleasant look use mango leaves to decorate your home. Fresh flowers provide an attractive look and enjoy the natural embrace of occasions of this year.
Place traditionally designed carpets before the Lord Ganesh idol. It will add a classy and traditional look while you make puja and invite guests to your home. You can either use the exact color palette and texture you have chosen for your Ganpati idol or contrast the same with a vibrant combination. This designed carpet can be reused for next year, or you can also make it as a decorative platform in your living room for a classy look.
Artificial Immersion Pots
On the last day of the festival, the Lord Ganesha will be immersed in a river or lake near your areas. A smart way to immerse your Ganesh idol in your home is to use a flower pot and place Ganesha in it and pour water to immerse the idol and place a plant. It saves your time to immerse idol Ganesh and promotes a fresh atmosphere in your home.
Follow the above tips, to remove the burden on Mother Nature and celebrate this joyous Ganesh festival in an eco-friendly way. Let’s make this festival generate good hope for the future and bring wealth, health, prosperity, protection, and blessings of God. Do you like to celebrate this Ganesh festival in your new home? www.propertyadviser.in is the first-ever real estate property directory in Hyderabad that guides you to select the best home as per your requirements. Visit us to buy a spacious house in Hyderabad with quality facilities and lead a happy lifestyle.
By: Shailaja K
Subscribe to Our NewsletterGet Notified About Latest News
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Top 7 Vastu Tips for Your Kitchen
- Top 8 Affordable Eco-friendly Home Decor Ideas for a Healthy Living
- Buyer's Checklist for successfully closing on a House Deal
- Creative Kitchen Design 2019 Ideas to Implement This Year!
- Top 7 Modest Feng Shui Tips for Your New Home
- How Smart Homes Shape the Future of Indian Realty?
- Easy Ways to Make Your Home Eco Friendly
- How is Paid Money Refunded Back in a Cancelled Property Deal?
- Guidelines to Buy a Home after Retirement