The concept of green building has gained popularity in India due to the increased demand for sustainable housing.
What are green buildings?
A green building is defined as a building that is designed to encourage the efficient use of resources such as energy, water and promote the use of environment-friendly construction materials and supplies.
The nation is battling issues such as non-availability of drinking water, energy conservation, and reducing the burning of fossil fuels, and so on.
The construction of Green Buildings will contribute towards the national initiatives and promote energy conservation, efficient use of energy, recycling of waste, and use of renewable resources. It improves health, happiness, and well-being of the people.
Therefore, the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched ‘IGBC Green Homes® Rating System’ to address the National Priorities. By applying IGBC Green Homes® criteria,
homes which are sustainable over the life cycle of the building can be constructed.
The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) formulated a rating methodology to certify residential buildings. It is called IGBC Green Homes®. IGBC certifies residential buildings as Green Buildings if they meet their stringent criteria. IGBC uses the following guidelines to certify:
- Site Selection and Planning
- Water Conservation
- Energy Efficiency
- Materials & Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Innovation & Design Process
How does green building support energy efficiency?
SS Green Grace is one of the first 55 pre-certified IGBC Green Homes® residential projects in the country.
SS Green Grace is spread over 5.38 acres of land. The project is unique as the developers believe in using natural resources efficiently so that the future generation can benefit. They think that if every person prioritizes conservation of energy, the world will be a better place to live. We also leave a legacy for future generations.
SS Green Grace apartments are green buildings in the real sense as they have designed the building such that they save energy, consume less water, and recycle water.
The benefits of buying a home in a green building are as follows:
- Conserve energy: If you believe in conserving natural resources and energy, SS Green Grace is the perfect place to buy a house. Green Grace has some excellent features such as solar water heaters to reduce energy consumption and save energy.
- Conserve water: SS Green Grace has sewage treatment plants, rainwater harvesting, and water recycling. The water from the kitchen sink and bathroom is recycled and used for the flush tank. The water from the roof and the internal roads are collected in a sump for watering the plants in the gardens.
- Effective solid waste management: The effective solid waste management ensures that the waste is segregated at source so that they don’t end up in landfills that pollute the environment.
- Rainwater harvesting: The rainwater harvesting pits are constructed to recharge the groundwater.
- Natural ventilation: The building is designed to bring in fresh air and sunlight into the apartment. The reflective tile used in the terrace prevents excess heat from seeping in through the ceiling. The apartment has a huge balcony to relax and enjoy the fresh air and natural light.
- Efficient lighting system: SS Green Grace uses solar lighting and LED lamps in common areas. The car parking area uses RFID for parking cars. Therefore you save money and electricity as there is no need for lighting up the parking area at all times.
- Air quality: SS Green Grace uses low VOC paints. Therefore, it improves the air quality and makes its residents healthy. The apartment design allows sunlight and lets in fresh air so that your house is well-ventilated.
- Cost savings: Buying a house in SS Green Grace will contribute to cost savings due to lesser energy, water, and power. As an owner of an apartment in SS Green Grace, you can expect to save 50% water and 30% power every month.
- Lesser pollution: Due to the use of low VOC paints, and over 70% of open space reserved for greenery and gardens, there is lesser pollution in SS Green Grace.
- Promotes sustainable living: SS Green Grace promotes sustainable living as it is the first apartment in Hyderabad to receive IGBC pre-certification of Green Building.
- Track energy usage: You can track water, electricity, and gas usage using meters inside your apartment. If you start monitoring your energy consumption, you are encouraged to reduce it.
Therefore, buy a house in SS Green Grace if you want to stay away from noise, pollution, and lead a healthy and peaceful life. By booking an apartment here, you are doing your bit to save the environment.
Visit us at www.propertyadviser.in to find out more about the unique features, amenities, pricing, availability, and exclusive offers of SS Green Grace project.
By: Lotus Tech