Regardless of a property, whether its a residential or commercial including the plots or lands, property tax is levied on all real estate assets. But, thanks to the new-aged technology, without any need to wait in long queues at the tax office, one can quickly pay property tax online. To speed up its process a bit more, a new initiative is being taken by GHMC, to incorporate building permission and property tax into Development Permission Management System (DPMS). As per this move, property tax will be assessed, at the time of granting an occupancy certificate.
What is DPMS?
Development Permissions Management System (DPMS)' covers both building and design applications and land use modifications for digital storage. Since Jan 2016, HMDA using artificial intelligence has designed and implemented this software solution for residential buildings. After that, it is extended to commercial, institutional, multi-story buildings and also to mixed applications. DPMS facilitate transparency and agility in the procedure for layouts and NOC permissions, building permits, LRS/BRS applications to provide a better regulation for citizens.
How DPMS Will Speed up Property Tax Assessment in Hyderabad?
A new software tool will be developed to connect building permits and property taxes. The information will be shared on a single-window system, and the property tax will be assessed after the details have been submitted in the DPMS for construction approval. As at present, the city planning division issues the occupancy certificate.
And there have been cases, where some houses have not been detected and been calculated for property tax. Then the revenue department discusses the property tax valuation process, which takes a great deal of time, as well as many reports about irregularities. To cut short on these, by integrating building permission and property tax in DPMS, the property tax will be calculated at the time of issuing the occupancy certificate. As a result, it will ensure the fast clearance and clarity in building plan approval applications
The new DPMS software would measure the property tax based on the region of plinth reported by the claimant in the report when a claim is filed. In contrast to the issuance of the Occupancy Certificate, it will accelerate property tax assessment. This new system is predicted to boost the municipality's income, as applications are handled much quicker and things are more straightforward for applicants.
Do you want to stay updated with the latest real estate happenings? Browse propertyadviser.in to find all the real estate news and all properties for sale in Hyderabad with accurate real-time information.
Receive all the latest news & updates from real estate sector. Subscribe here!
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- VAJRAS Jasmine County Apartment Got a New update on 11 Nov 2019
- VRR Gayathri Phase - 1 Independent house Got a New update on 11 Nov 2019
- New Update on 08 Nov 2019 for Hivision Serene Apartment
- New Update on 11 Nov 2019 for Vijayalaxmis Satya Residency Apartment
- Vasavi Elite updated with a latest info on 11 Nov 2019
- My Home Avatar Phase 2 updated with a latest info on 11 Nov 2019
- Maruthi Fortune updated with a latest info on 11 Nov 2019