The 2BHK Housing Scheme is launched in Telangana to provide housing for all citizens who are below the poverty line. Apart from this the people who are applying for houses under the PMAY-U (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana urban) and the Dignity Housing Scheme would get the home in a free of cost with 560 square feet sizes which would cost between Rs 5 lakhs to Rs 9 lakhs. In this scheme, the government of Telangana would get funds from the central Government under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019.
The center will provide Rs 1.50 lakhs for each unit and the Telangana state is planning to take loans from the HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation). The Telangana government is linking the PMAY Urban under the 2BHK scheme. If the price of a unit is Rs 5.30 lakhs, out of this, an amount of Rs 1.50 lakhs will be received from the government of India under PMAY-U and Rs 3.80 lakhs from the Telangana Government budget. As a result, the people who are under the poverty line will get a house for free.
The government is taking up this housing scheme in a long magnitude and decided to complete 1, 54,308 homes with a budget provision of Rs 108.18 crore. Earlier Rs 100 crores was sanctioned to complete the 2BHK Housing Scheme in rural areas. Now the government is confident about the 2BHK project to complete a total of 20,213 homes with the expected expenditure that is provided by other financial institutions.
2BHK Scheme Provisions
The state has recognized 28 areas under the scheme to construct houses under GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation). The state aims to complete 2.80 lakhs double bedroom houses under the scheme with a budget provision of Rs 18000 crores while from them Rs 3,230 crore is allocated to state to complete the housing. The government planned to build houses across 40 places in Hyderabad.
The houses are built with basic facilities such as 24/7 water, electricity, drainage facility, internal roads, etc. Also under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana-Saubhagya power connections would be provided to the beneficiaries to get less electric bills. The 2BHK house constructed in the plinth area of 560 square feet consists of a hall, kitchen, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
The total plot area is 125 square yards out of this 36 square yard is an undivided share of land (UDS). Therefore, the government is providing property and land area for free. The government is constructing 2BHK houses in 40 locations include Ranga Reddy District, Medchal, Sanga Reddy district Phase-I. In the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)28 slums are identified.
Price of 2BHK Housing under the Scheme
The price of a 2BHK house under the planned scheme is as follows.
- The house in rural areas with infrastructure facilities would cost Rs 6.29 lakhs whereas without facilities the price of a unit is Rs 5.04 lakhs.
- The cost of a unit in urban areas with infrastructure Rs 6.05 lakhs and without amenities is Rs 5.03 lakhs.
- The G+3 floor house under GHMC infrastructure would cost Rs 7.75 lakhs whereas without facilities the price of a unit is Rs 7 lakhs.
Who are Eligible Citizens of the 2BHK Scheme?
The families that belong to the below-the-poverty-line (BPL) and the people who reside in huts, kutcha houses, rented houses or apartments in Hyderabad will come under the scheme. Also, people should have a valid Food Security Card. Based on the area, there would be a reserved number of houses for beneficiaries belonging to SC or ST categories. The houses are allocated in the name of a housewife in the family.
Double Bedroom Reservation
The government has sanctioned units for the reserved beneficiaries in each location are as follows.
- 5% of the units are reserved for disabled people.
- Urban areas -17% for SCs, 6% for STs, 12% for minorities and the balance 65% for others.
- Rural areas - 50% for SCs and STs, minorities 7% and others 43%.
What Details Are Required To Fill a 2BHK Scheme Application?
To get the government Double Bedroom House, the applicants should fill the form with correct data and submitted at a Meeseva center or the Gram Sabha. The details required for filling the form are as follows.
- Family details
- Number of years stayed in a rented house
- Disability ID card number (if applicable)
- ASARA pension scheme
Also, you have to include details of units sanctioned to your family members in housing schemes like Indiramma - Phase1, 2, and 3, Rajiv Gruha Kalpa, Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), Valmiki Ambedkar Awas Yojana, Indiramma Urban Permanent Housing (UPH) or other housing schemes.
Short Listing of Beneficiaries and Grievance Redressal Process
The Government will take up several processes to ensure transparency and the eligible categories would enjoy the benefits of the scheme. The process is done very strictly, and District Level Committee selects the beneficiaries as per government order. Besides, if there are any grievances and complaints that will be addressed by the district-level officer, who is appointed by the district collector, the final order for the complaint will be passed by the Appellate Committee.
The process of the government is as follows:
Step 1 - Gramsabha will receive and collects the application.
Step 2 - it will be forwarded to Tashilder after the preliminary inspection done by the Gram Sabha
Step 3 - District Collector receives the final list made by Tashilder
Step 4 - Gram Sabha will again verify the list for the final selection of eligible beneficiaries
Step 5 - District Collector will approve the verified final list given by Gram Sabha and allocated to the public.
Services for Stakeholders
The stakeholders will get many subsidies, as mentioned on the official website under the Housing scheme. The available subsidies for stakeholders are as follows
- Cement - Rs 230 per bag.
- Sand - Exemption of basic cost and seigniorage
- Earnest money deposit - Adjusted from 2.5% to 1%.
- Fly ash supply within 100 km - Free Apply
- Fly ash supply for the distance of 100 to 300 km - Get 50% discount
- The period for the Defect liability is one year, whereas, at earlier, it was two years.
- The price of steel also adjusted for all ongoing projects.
- Funds are allocated from the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA)
- Swatch Bharat Mission would be used for the construction of toilets.
Telangana is the only state that is taking up a housing scheme on a large magnitude. The state government aims to provide housing for all by 2020. With the merging of 2BHK scheme with PMAY, the construction of housing units will complete soon in Telangana and allocated to rightful beneficiaries.
Are you searching to buy a home below Rs 60 lakhs? Visit www.propertyadviser.in, a real estate property directory in Hyderabad, helping many buyers to find their dream home. You can choose the best home from 1000+ properties for sale in Hyderabad that suit your budget and lifestyle. Pave the easy way to lead a happy and comfortable lifestyle.
By: Shailaja K
Receive all the latest news & updates from real estate sector. Subscribe here!
- How To Calculate Property Registration Charges & Stamp Duty In Hyderabad
- Importance Of GHMC Property Tax For Hyderabad Residential Properties
- GHMC Building Permission Charges And Procedure In Hyderabad
- Best Real Estate Investment Options In Hyderabad Telangana
- Latest Property & Land Rates In Hyderabad 2018
- Steps To Make GHMC Property Tax Online Payment In Hyderabad
- RERA And Its Rules In Telangana
- Stamp Duty And Registration Charges In Hyderabad
- Procedure To Get Encumbrance Certificate Through Online In Telangana
- Madhav Residency Apartment Got a New update on 14 Nov 2019
- Latest update on Siri Vybhava Apartment on 14 Nov 2019
- EIPL Rivera | RERA Approved Apartments in Narsingi, Hyderabad
- New Update on 14 Nov 2019 for Sai Krishna Jyothi Heights Apartment
- Riddhis Grandeur Block - A updated with a latest info on 15 Nov 2019
- Jai Ram Residency updated with a latest info on 14 Nov 2019
- Viswas Saket Enclave Apartment Got a New update on 14 Nov 2019